8th Annual Equity on The Mall
We were honored to join our sister organizations and programs at the 8th annual Equity on The Mall at the State Capital yesterday! The event was hosted by The Center at Sierra Health Foundation and the San Joaquin Valley Health Fund.
Equity on The Mall aims to raise awareness about the importance of protecting and strengthening equity in all aspects of life, primarily for people in historically marginalized groups and underserved communities throughout the San Joaquin Valley.
As Stockton has experienced generational systemic inequities, we recognize the importance of fighting for power through direct services AND through legislation and policy. Resistance is also a Stockton legacy! We echo our partners in calling our legislators to:
* Educate agencies, decision-makers, and the public on the need to extend broadband internet services into San Joaquin communities.
* Ensure that the San Joaquin Valley grantees in the California Community Schools Partnership- Program are improving school responsiveness to student and family needs and organizing school and community resources to address barriers to learning.
* Ensure that all California residents have a direct role in the decision-making process to design and implement the environmental and social policies that impact them.
* Increase and expand investments in culturally and linguistically appropriate primary care that is effective, equitable, understandable, respectful, responsive, and no-cost to community members of diverse backgrounds, practices, gender identification, of low-income, immigration and housing status.
* Actively address segregation by securing true housing choice through incentivizing development in growth areas to facilitate and incorporate housing opportunities for all.
* Secure robust public and private investments to facilitate COVID-19 economic relief and recovery, and access to economic wellbeing for all families and small business owners regardless of immigration status.